• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I am so nervous for my wisdom teeth consultation because of sedation!

K

kaybeexx112233

I went to an oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth, he said my teeth were like normal wisdom teeth. However, my lower right one is partially impacted and my left is fully erupted/impacted. The top two are just erupted. That oral surgeon only puts people to sleep using GA and I did not want that.
I called another oral surgeon. I think I spoke with either the receptionist / oral surgeon assistant on the phone. I told her I have a very bad phobia of the IV going in my arm (which is true, and one of the reasons I didn't want GA). I also told her it's very expensive too. She was very nice and understanding on the phone. She told me a lot of the patients will do "oral sedation" where they take a medication the night before, and one right before the procedure. She said it's very common for people to do at their practice. For some reason, I am nervous they won't do this for me. I am so nervous my teeth are so bad they would prefer me to be asleep.
My mom called the first oral surgeon due to my anxiety and asked him how bad my teeth were. He said they were normal, not bad at all. He said he recommends me getting them out this year since I am 23, however it's not urgent.

Here is my Xray and a picture of my partially erupted tooth. Is this possible to do with oral sedation? All four wisdoms?FullSizeRender.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
You can never tell how difficult an extraction will be from an x-ray, it's just not possible.
I can't tell you how well oral sedation will work on you, since I've never met you and have no clue how you will react to it and how nervous you are without it.
I'd worry about that lower right tooth being very close to the nerve, has it been mentioned to you?

You can never tell how difficult an extraction will be from an x-ray, it's just not possible.
I can't tell you how well oral sedation will work on you, since I've never met you and have no clue how you will react to it and how nervous you are without it.
I'd worry about that lower right tooth being very close to the nerve, has it been mentioned to you?
Yes, the oral surgeon said it's not on the nerve and my roots are fine and it's nothing to be concerned about I have a very low chance of it hitting a nerve!!!!

Back