• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I finally got the stage of cosmetic work!

C

Ccbloom

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to share a little bit of my story to hopefully encourage and reassure others that you will get there.

After years of crippling fear and numerous - no countless - problems, I am finally at the stage where I am going through orthodontic and restorative treatment.

Firstly I understand that this is not possible for everyone, but this was always my own personal incentive and goal.

I have had major issues with my teeth since I gave birth in 2014. Last year alone I had two teeth extracted which had both abscessed. This also happened the year before that, and the year before that...

I have always been phobic of the dentist and honestly never thought I would get this far. I have had much support from this forum over that time, so a sincere thanks from me for that.

I finally feel like I am on the home stretch. I need to have one more tooth removed (a retained baby tooth) then I get Invisalign fitted in late April. The feeling I have to be sitting in this position now is immeasurable, and also unimaginable, considering where I was phobia-wise just last year.

I had a very deep clean with the hygienist this month (first ever!) and I can’t tell you how much healthier and more confident I feel already. FYI, it was a breeze and SO worth it!

I manifested myself here with images of myself in the future, free and confident to smile.

If you are reading this and want it for yourself but can’t imagine it, maybe you are not as far off as you think you are, and you can get there! Seriously, if I can, anyone can.

Warm and positive thoughts to you all.

Pregnancy scares me because of the oral side effects ? You are super brave for being able to put up with it!! Getting Invisalign sounds really exciting ? I hope your journey continues smoothly. I hope I can have a similar success story to yours!:thumbsup!:

Pregnancy scares me because of the oral side effects ? You are super brave for being able to put up with it!! Getting Invisalign sounds really exciting ? I hope your journey continues smoothly. I hope I can have a similar success story to yours!:thumbsup!:

Thank you so much! Many go through pregnancy with no dental issues so don’t be too scared about it ☺️
I am sure you will be sharing your success story here in no time!

Ccbloom, I read your journey and am hsppy you conquered your fears. This forum has helped me, its great that we have a place to share our fears and encourage each other. I have an extreme fear of dentists from a childhood dental experience that lead me to where im at now at 58. . I am now on a dental journey, ive head 2 procedures for teeth extractions and am about to go for Root planning & scaling, im terrified.
Is root planning & scaling what you meant by " deep cleaning"?

Back