• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I HAVE to find a toothpaste with no taste or smell.

That's quite a tall order.

One of the reasons for toothpaste is actually to flavour the brush and make it pleasant enough to use for long enough to actually disrupt the plaque. As you'll know, a dry brush is pretty horrible on your teeth.

Using just water is fine. I've used just water, or bicarb, for 45 years. Never used a "dry brush".
I have now lost a stone since trying to use this shite. Food no longer tastes of food, it tastes of this crap. And who wants to eat when they feel constantly sick?
I can't do it any more.
The stench seems to be coming out of my pores, like it's now a part of me & I can't escape it.

My teeth will just have to rot. I will never put that filth in my mouth again.

I see my new private dentist tomorrow, and I hope he tells me there is no chance I can remineralise the slight surface decay on a wisdom tooth, because the thought of trying to arrest the caries using stuff like Duraphat 5000 for the rest of my life is just too much. It's beyond nausiating. It's horrific stuff.

I'm fed up feeling and being constantly sick. I'm now sick every time I go in my bathroom because of the stench, and the smell has seeped into my bedroom.
I have no spare room to use this shite in, and keep it locked away.
I've had enough. Trying to sleep with that filth left on my tooth is too much.
All this is just not worth it all for a tiny filling.
Fill the damn thing and let me have my life back!
I'd sooner put dog shit in my mouth than suffer this any more.

I've gone 45 years with hardly any decay, so I don't need this vile stuff in my life.
I'm spending £120 on 8 fissure seals, so hopefully I'll never get any more decay.
If my teeth fall out due to gum disease, then I'd rather this happen than a lifetime of putting this filth in my mouth and being sick every time I use it or go in my bathroom.

I know this is a very old thread, but for anyone who can't tolerate the taste of mint, there's now a toothpaste called Oranurse Unflavoured Toothpaste which was originally developed as a response to the need of autistic children who have a problem with taste. It contains the recommended 1450ppm fluoride and is available from Your Dentist Recommends and other online retailers.

If anyone else has any other recommendations, please leave them in this thread!

Addendum: We've added all the information from this thread on this page:

Last edited:
I know its not flavourless but Jason's do a toothpaste in orange and cinnamon called Nutrismile and its got a really nice texture, they do sell a version with fluoride so thats a bonus, they also have a mixed berry option, that one is a gel (so might help if texture is an issue) and is supposed to be good for sensitivity but sadly no fluoride and finally Ultradex mouthwashes taste of practically nothing and the flavour sachet is added optionally - hope that helps anyone looking for alternatives - I'm one of those weird people who actually really like the corsodyl toothpaste taste though!

side note - the ultradex toothpastes are non foaming too if anyone needs that in a product and none of these options go above £10, most being a fair bit cheaper than that

Last edited:
Hi! Have you ever tried Lush organic toothpaste-like products? they have a great variety to help you replace traditional toothpaste, you should check them out.

Back