• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need encouragement & advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Issy
  • Start date Start date
mikey said:
You should give it a go..if it has a negative effect all you have to do is remove the nose piece and its back to normal :D
Yeah i may ask on Monday. I wonder how [smiley=drunk.gif] i'll be with 10mg Valium. (hoping i won't be atall) :-/
 
If anything..you should be as close to knocked out as you can possible get = carefree dental visit and teeth that are happy! ;D
 
Hi ISSY,
I've never has gas either but I figure it's a much better alternative than to have my knuckles become white.I'm counting on the valium and gas making a potential halloween scare into at least a tolerable visit.I'd try the gas.From what I've read it's very easy to stop if you really feel like it's beyond what you want.I think you breathe thru your nose and then if you want it stopped you tell the dentist but even before that breathe thru the mouth.I think that's right.If not I'll find out too soon for me....7th of next month [smiley=frightened.gif]GOOD LUCK
 
the gas makes a nervous appointment great i've had many expireances with it and you just have a little nose piece to breath through [smiley=cloud9.gif]
 
The Gas doesn't last long in your system (unlike Valium which lasts for hours) - So is proably a better option then Valium :-/ May ask Jenny on Monday.

The Dentist Chair doesn't have Arms,so atleast i can't grip them & get white knuckles !
 
I'd go with both...the more relaxed i am the less stress the dentist office/ appoinement is! but i dont see how youll lose controll when you feel like your high on meth do you?
 
g'mornin' issy ...

two experiences with two different sedations =
the gas did a LOT for me in terms of making me unaware, uncaring = essentially knocking a LOT of anxiety out of the way, even tho I was still a bit anxious.. I was still able to communicate w/ the dentist and I was fine

the halcion I got yesterday took ALLLL of the anxiety away - I was 100%aware and communicative, I remember the whole thing, but I was completely in a state of "who gives a ..." ..

Valium was given to me years ago - it helps, but I don't recall that it helped me much = but that was close to 20 years ago.. You may have a much different experience.. same as me and Halcion and another member on this board (she posted in "sedation" to someone elses' post about halcion)..

YOU WILL BE FINE - If I was, you will be

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
oh yea.. forgot to add = most definitely keep the two appts that you have scheduled, back to back = it is entirely true that if you wait too long you will build your anxiety back up.. my extraction with the gas was at the end of January - because I was in "critical" mode = it'd broken badly and there was no way around getting it done.. add to the stress, KWIM??

I should have gone back a couple weeks later for the one I got out yesterday - but didn't... came up with every (invalid) excuse I could think of = until it too broke badly and I was again in "critical" mode.. again adding to anxiety..

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
archaeodani2 said:
g'mornin' issy ...

two experiences with two different sedations =
[highlight]the gas did a LOT for me in terms of making me unaware, uncaring = essentially knocking a LOT of anxiety out of the way, even tho I was still a bit anxious..  I was still able to communicate w/ the dentist and I was fine[/highlight]
the halcion I got yesterday took ALLLL  of the anxiety away - I was 100%aware and communicative, I remember the whole thing,  but I was completely in a state of "who gives a ..." ..

Valium was given to me years ago - it helps, but I don't recall that it helped me much = but that was close to 20 years ago..  You may have a much different experience..  same as me and Halcion and another member on this board (she posted in "sedation" to someone elses' post about halcion)..

YOU WILL BE FINE - If I was, you will be

[smiley=grouphug.gif]

Everything [highlight]she [/highlight]says is true about the gas..im not familiar with the perscription version of weed but im sure its wonderfull [smiley=grouphug.gif]
ive had the gas multypul times all have been great..it takes out about 85% of anxiety. ;D
 
**Everything he says is true about the gas..**

:P :D *giggle* Mikey - I'm a girl.. s'ok tho, I forgot to put that on my icon...
 
sorry...several choice words later.....this is the second time this has happened to me lol :-/
 
[smiley=grouphug.gif]

It's no big deal - I think I'm still looopy from yesterday and everything is striking me funny... I laughed [smiley=hugging.gif]

Now.. back to Issy = She (she??) logged off just after I posted in her thread.. Hope she's ok. her appts are this week..
 
there she is.. I SEEEEE HERRRRR == yo, ladeeee.. get in here [smiley=grouphug.gif] you ok???
 
8-) glad were cool now....She said she was haveing stomach problems and not feeling good and she hadent eaten anything so i reccomended to have some sugary food..i passed out from that at the dentist office one time(from not eating) ;)
 
awwww honey.. I was feeling pukey too.. TRUST ME.. from someone who's blood pressure and pulse DOUBLED just sitting there getting looked at = you will be FINE..

[smiley=grouphug.gif]
 
I don't feel fine atall :'(
 
try going back to my last posts on both this signon, and my original one "archaeodani"....

(somehow I messed up my original online name here.. beats me.. anyway)...

I distinctly remember spilling my guts about my fears and my severe anxiety in those early posts.. go read them.. keep them in mind...

do you have kids?? do you do any kind of weight lifting?? use the breathing techniques learned in labor/delivery class or with weightlifting to calm yourself...

one of the mods posted somewhere.. maybe earlier in here - a breathing technique = deep breathe in, hold for 2 counts, deep breath out.. repeat.. that REALLY REALLY helps, even WITH administered sedation.. I promise it does
 
Nope no Kids & no Weightlifting - i'm only 22.

Will try that Breathing exercise :) How i meant take deep breaths whilst dentist working in my mouth ?
 
this story should cheer you up..atleast it does for me

[smiley=party.gif]
America vs. Russia​
The Americans and Russians, at the height of the arms race, realized that if they continued in the usual manner they were going to blow up the whole world.
One day they sat down and decided to settle the whole dispute with one dog fight. They'd have five years to breed the best fighting dog in the world and whichever side's dog won would be entitled to dominate the world. The losing side would have to lay down its arms.

The Russians found the biggest, meanest Doberman and Rottweiler ------- in the world and bred them with the biggest meanest Siberian wolves. They selected only the biggest and strongest puppy from each litter, killed his siblings, and gave him all the milk. They used steroids and trainers and after five years came up with the biggest meanest dog the world had ever seen. Its cage needed steel bars that were three inches thick and nobody could get near it.

When the day came for the fight, the Americans showed up with a strange animal. It was a nine-foot long Dachshund. Everyone felt sorry for the Americans because they knew there was no way that this dog could possibly last ten seconds with the Russian dog.

When the cages were opened up, the Dachshund came out and wrapped itself around the outside of the ring. It had the Russian dog almost completely surrounded. When the Russian dog leaned over to bite the Dachshund's neck, the Dachshund reached out and consumed the Russian dog in one bite. There was nothing left at all of the Russian dog.

The Russians came up to the Americans, shaking their heads in disbelief. `We don't understand how this could have happened. We had our best people working for five years with the meanest Doberman and Rottweiler ------- in the world and the biggest, meanest Siberian wolves."

"That's nothing," an American replied. "We had our best plastic surgeons working for five years to make an alligator look like a Dachshund."
hahahah..well also my highschool football team won its game last night and it was on TV. [smiley=jumping.gif]
 
Only thing what will cheer me up,is England winning the Rugby tonight ;D [smiley=jumping.gif]
 
Back
Top