• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Issue with back tooth, eating/drinking not nice! (worries)

A

A196x

Hi,

Today I was eating my roll and as I was chewing I felt this sensation in affected tooth ( had been fine until lunch!) It was a cold filling. I ignored the little pain and just kept chewing but felt it even more. Since this afternoon whenever I eat or drink, I can feel an ache sensation. It's not really hurting as bad when not doing those things. I'm a little worried as think this is my previous tooth thats had a filling in past but it's also the side I chew/eat on the most. I also struggled with fillings in the past, where I kept going back as couldn't handle this change in my mouth filling felt high and caused a lot of anxiety. I have health anxiety, autism and possible somatic OCD. I've also been recently diagnosed with TMJ, limited opening. Worried about seeing a dentist due to these issues and how they'd be able to see or do anything when limited due to this and other issues

Hopefully someone can reassure, appreciate it. (yellow teeth is awful, do brush but reflux :( )

Attachments

• 175487007_251273643352550_5225867264245874759_n.jpg
    175487007_251273643352550_5225867264245874759_n.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
It's lost a fair bit of enamel, so is probably a bit over sensitive. Give it a good coat of Sensodyne or similar and try to avoid acid foods for a day or two.

It's lost a fair bit of enamel, so is probably a bit over sensitive. Give it a good coat of Sensodyne or similar and try to avoid acid foods for a day or two.
Hi Gordon, hope you’re well. Will my fluoride toothpaste do the job or best sensodyne? With the enamel being lost is there anything that would fix it? Just happened suddenly but think my tooth has been like that for ages

You'd be better with one of the sensitive ones. Usual story about it being better applied by a finger last thing at night time. Rub it in, then just leave it alone and go to bed :)
No there's nothing that would fix it easily, you'd be looking at some kind of dental onlay.

Back