• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I've already started shaking and want to cancel

L

larenaelsie

I wanted to start the new year off right by going to the dentist since it's been so many years since I've gone. My teeth are a mess and embarrassment on top of everything else has been keeping me away. My dream is a nice smile and I want to go, but I don't. Help! I need some words of encouragement so I don't chicken out. My appointment is on Monday and I already have a weak feeling in my stomach. Thanks!

Hello,

I do not know if this would work for you, but I can tell you what I am doing. With some success.

• I made the appointment in person.
  • I explained to the receptionist that I was terrified.
  • She set me up with a Meet and Greet session. Just to get used to the room and explain the process.
  • After that first Meet and Greet I set a an appointment for a cleaning/xray/exam. That is going to happen on Thursday Morning.
  • Everyday that I could swing it, I have visited the office. Just walked in said hello, explained what I was doing. They have really been great with this.

Maybe thats not something you could do, but you have done the hardest part and made the appointment. You can do this. Just think about how great you feel when you are done.

Thanks.

Back