• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just finished with my fillings

Z

zombiegroupie

I made it to my appointment. I couldn't even sleep last night :(

I got there, started shaking. They took me in right away. talked to me for a minute about the procedure, then started the shots.I got so nervous while waiting to get numb.

Once I started getting numb he gave me another shot and then started working. Instead of doing 1 filling he did 3!

My face is numb and my jaw hurts. I made it thru a nearly 2 hour appointment!

I'm so tired though from the panic attack and the stress.

Well done you :cheer2::yayy::whirl:

That's great news, bet you feel good about it?

It's funny how all the stress and panicky feelings make you feel tired, it did me and then I had to drive 122 miles home.

You did great with a 2 hour appt.:jump:

Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! From my experience that soreness lingers for a day or two but treat yourself by relaxing for the rest of the day!

Waheyy

Congratulations, well done you! :welldone::welldone::you-rock::claps::claps::bounces::bounces:

A 2 hour appointment is no mean feat, much kudos and respect:respect::respect:

You deserve a rest after that. Great news!!!

I made it to my appointment. I couldn't even sleep last night :(

I got there, started shaking. They took me in right away. talked to me for a minute about the procedure, then started the shots.I got so nervous while waiting to get numb.

Once I started getting numb he gave me another shot and then started working. Instead of doing 1 filling he did 3!

My face is numb and my jaw hurts. I made it thru a nearly 2 hour appointment!

I'm so tired though from the panic attack and the stress.

That is so wonderful to hear! You did it!:jump::jump::jump:

I cried for the first few minutes :blush:

i am sooooo sore where the shots went in (the center of the jaw) I never remembered that from lower work before.

Hi Zombiegroupie!!!!

I'm so proud of you for hanging in there!! What a yucky Thursday! You toughed it out though and made it...and now you have 3 fillings DONE!!! WOW!!! I'm sure that caught you by surprise today but at least you didn't have 3x the worry during your sleepless night. You should be so proud of yourself for getting through 2 full hours of non stop dental work and making such a positive step forward in your life. I know how hard it is and like so many here on the board can really appreciate the inner strength and courage you have to summon to get the help you need in the face of fear. Way to go!!

Don't forget to stay on top of the discomfort/swelling by alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen .... I totally feel your pain today - and probably tomorrow, too!!

Back