• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

light brown stains on front teeth (picture), what is it?

M

ModestasM

light brown stains appeared on my front teeth quite quickly (between 6-12 month period), and it would not go away... I wonder what could it be? I brush twice a day all the time, I don't smoke, nor do I drink coffee.. I rinse my mouth after each meal.

IMG_20190927_150746.jpgIMG_20190927_150840.jpg

Sorry too out of focus to tell you anything useful. Try again?

sorry about that. I attach 2 photos that are of a very good quality. pls take a look at them and let me know what do you think? I know it doesnt look good, but these teeth do not hurt and they are not sensitive or something like that. I wonder what could it be.

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_153014.jpg
    IMG_20191003_153014.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20191003_153047.jpg
    IMG_20191003_153047.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
It's extrinsic staining, no idea what is causing it, but must be something in your diet or that you're consuming, have you started any new medication?
Looks like it will polish off pretty easily by a dentist/hygienist, but unless you figure out what's causing it, it'll return.

I was using corsodyl mouthwash for a while (for gum related problems).. and on description it says it might stain or discolour enamel. but it also stains would go away after you stop using it. but in my case these stains do not go away... that is the only product that I can think of to cause these stains in my case.
anyway I am glad it is only stains, and nothing more serious.
thank you for the reply.

It’ll be corsodyl staining - wee visit for a polish will sort it :)

Back