J
jdk1580
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 6, 2010
- Messages
- 12
- Location
- hertfordshire
Hello everyone, im new to this site but have been reading posts for the last few months. I am having an absolute nightmare at the moment. About six months ago a bit of one of my back teeth chipped off. The tooth already has a big filling in it. The filling is exposed on one side.. a few days ago a bit more of the tooth came away. There is a gap down the front side of my tooth and food and stuff get stuck in it.. also it leaks a really putrid smelling yellow gunge. It has done for months. There is no pain though. I was reffered to have sedation which i was meant to have today (after 6 months of waiting) and when it came to it. I totally lost it! I had the canula in place and everything
I left and am now really scared i will never get this tooth out
My major fear is having an allergic reaction to the lidocaine/anasthetic, my tongue and throat swelling and not being able to breathe. I hate the feeling of being numb so much i thought sedation would help but i just cant do it. has anyone else ever felt like this and is there any hope for me? Im due to fly in 13 days and am scared my tooth will cause me problems..
Im scared i will get an infection and get poisoned.. im living a nightmare..
I left and am now really scared i will never get this tooth out
My major fear is having an allergic reaction to the lidocaine/anasthetic, my tongue and throat swelling and not being able to breathe. I hate the feeling of being numb so much i thought sedation would help but i just cant do it. has anyone else ever felt like this and is there any hope for me? Im due to fly in 13 days and am scared my tooth will cause me problems..
Im scared i will get an infection and get poisoned.. im living a nightmare..

Feel a bit hot and bothered too. Scared infection is spreading.![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
call the dentist and ask for some anti biotics - sounds like you need to clear the infection. then it should be fine til monday but you really will need to tooth out sweety. we all understand your phobia here - you;re welcome to read my posts about IV sedation if you want, i was totally PETRIFIED but i got through it and its the best thing i did in years !!! no more pain for me or rotten teeth ! hugs to you and let us know how you get on xx as a fellow sufferer of awful panic attacks i really DO know how you feel, but you can do this!!!! you have great support and back up hewre and should never feel like an idiot for admitting your fears, if it was that easy to overcome it and get a grip then we would LOL