• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need denture help asap!!!!!

S

southerngagirl87

I am new here and tho I my first post. Today is Saturday July 25th. I got my 6 front teeth pulled and my immediate denture put in on Friday July 23rd. It has been two days since having them. I was told to wait 24 hours before removing them and after 24 hours I could take them out and leave them out all night to soak. Last night was the first night I did this and so tonight was the second night. Both nights I have had an awful taste and odor when I took my denture out. I have been brushing my bottom teeth with toothpaste and my toothbrush. And then using orajel antiseptic mouth rinse for my gums. Should I be doing something else? I really don't want this taste and odor to get any worse. SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Okay, deep breaths! There's no need to panic, I promise. Don't be scared to call your dentist and ask them any questions you have! They might want to make sure you don't have an infection. The main signs of infection are increasing pain and/or a fever. If you get either of those, visit your dentist. An infection isn't anything too scary either, it's generally just a case of getting some antibiotics.

The taste and odour could be something as simple as the blood/saliva that collected in the denture. I know when I first took mine out, it was super gross. Try taking the denture out once during the day too, cleaning it, and rinsing your mouth gently with salt water. That might help any build-up.

Back