• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Newbie - All four wisdom teeth going!

S

Sarahjane8440

Hello! I’m new here. I’m having all four wisdom teeth removed on Friday under GA. It’ll be my first GA too and I’m terrified! Also my first ever filling just over a week later. Being 30 is no fun :( Any advice or anything welcome. Thankyou for reading x

Hello! I’m new here. I’m having all four wisdom teeth removed on Friday under GA. It’ll be my first GA too and I’m terrified! Also my first ever filling just over a week later. Being 30 is no fun :( Any advice or anything welcome. Thankyou for reading x

Hello and welcome! You came to the right place for support. I am getting a filling today and a scale and polish ... and I'm also 30! One thing I did learn from here is, that people like to reward themselves after going to an appt as a well done to themselves for being brave and doing something that we don't particularly like or are afraid of. How about trying that after your treatment? I also learned that really it's never as bad as our minds manifest it to be. I'm sure you will be totally fine, make sure your dentist knows how you feel and can empathise with you and help you get through it as smoothly as possible. It's a big step to even make an appointment so well done! We always fear the unknown but we can overcome this!

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes

Sammi x

SarahJane,

Welcome to the Dfc! You are definately in the right spot, we've all been through alot and here to support you. I encourage you to communicate to every person who helps and cares for you on Friday that you are anxious and scared and ask questions and the more you communicate , the more they will know how to help put you to ease.

I've had GA several times, and myself , well the thought is really scary and I always get really nervous before but every time has been so smooth with no complications or side effects. so hope that can encourage you some.

Hope you can take it easy on your self for a day or so after ! Let us know how it goes. you have a lot of support here.

Thankyou both, just finished work and my stomach is whirling.
I have three children, but a very supportive partner, so hopefully will get plenty of rest!
Will keep you updated. Thanks again, really nice to talk to people who understand xxx

E-day!! Eeek. Appointment is at 1.30. Just having my last cup of tea and some toast... Gonna get so hangry :/