• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OMG, Can Someone Help?

A

adoption97

This weekend I have had horrible pain/stinging in the roof of my mouth along with swelling in the top gums. I wear a dental flipper for my front teeth and was not able to get it in due the swelling and pain. When I move my tongue across the roof of my mouth, it feels like canker sores or something. Does anyone know what this might be? I am so scared!

Do you have the telltale signs of canker sores? White patches or even red patches? Did you notice anything different before it happened? Canker sores can hurt a lot (like I went to my dentist because I thought I had an infection but it was just the start of the worst canker sore in my life.) but I wonder if anyone else has had this similar problem.

I've had thrush after having been on antibiotics for a LONG time. It's very painful - sore white patches that bleed if you scratch them. Easy to treat with a yucky mouthwash which tastes bad but helps the pain as it numbs your mouth. Sorry you're in pain. Hope you can work up the nerve to let someone take a look to help you.