• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OMG help me please

  • Thread starter Thread starter loripory
  • Start date Start date
L

loripory

Junior member
Joined
Jan 17, 2013
Messages
1
So i was originally on this site as x-marshie-x cudnt remember my password and email addy was set to old work :( but anyway.... DILEMMA

So after my victory panic has sank in again.

Went to the dentist at hosp due to pain on lower teeth thinking I could do it... got called into room had a quick glance about and then my fear kicked in AGAIN. As i sat on the chair and the women kindly asked me to open my mouth she said I needed a scale and polish and she would provide anti-biotics. So as she set up equipment I could feel the overwhelming feeling of sickness and temperature hitting me so I explained I have a major fear and if she could just take her time with me to which she replied If I did that for every patient I would still be on my 1st one now open.... on which my other half stood up and explained that I normally had IV for work and its taken me a lot to come here and even get me in the chair.

so After me finally falling into tears of fear she slammed everything down and was like there is a prescription for antibiotics but I advise you to get a scale and polish...

So once again I'm back to square one and freaking out that I'm going to lose my teeth by the time I get myself onto another dentist chair :(

What can I do? I need this scale and polish and 1 tooth removed :(
 
I think you have had a lucky escape from that dentist, terrible woman. Find another dentist, one that is prepared to work with you for your well being not theirs. This does make me angry, it is dentists like her that has helped to create phobics. Good for your husband for speaking up for you.

If there isn't a dentist on the find a dentist section on here have a look on the nhs website or do a google search for dentists in your area. There are some very good dentists out there for us that care and are interested in helping us.

Don't give up just pick yourself up and start again, you will get there.
 
Hi Lori,
I'm sad to hear that you had such a terrible experience with that dentist. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. Good for you for leaving...I think if you had tried to endure it, the outcome would have been much worse. At least you have your antibiotics in the meantime to get you through for a little while. Please do not let this experience chase you off from seeking the care that you need and deserve. There are some terrible dentists out there, some decent ones, and some AMAZING ones out there...it just takes a lot of searching sometimes but it is worth it! You mentioned that you have had IV sedation in the past for dental work. Do you have a regular dentist that you can see who provides this or a nearby office who offers this who seems reputable? A compassionate dentist can make an experience just as easily as an uncompassionate dentist can break the experience. If I had been in your shoes, I would have left too.
 
Back
Top