• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

OPINIONS? Is this severe periodontitis or gum disease? :( (photos)

M

mc90

Hello, newbie to the forum but have been reading threads for a bit. Basically I am early 20s and very aware of the fact my teeth are disguisting. I have an appointment with the dentist on Thursday and am terrified I am going to find out all my teeth are going to fall out due to gum disease or periodontitis after endless google searching. For the past month I have been constantly brushing my teeth after meals & flossing and using mouthwash but I dont think it will help at all. I have attached photos if any professionals/experienced are able to be brutally honest and tell me what to expect on Thursday and how the treatment will go... ultimately, am I going to lose my teeth :confused:

Thank you xx

p.s apologies for the pic i am so embarrassed just looking for some support. :redface:

Attachments

• untitledteethjpeg.JPG
    untitledteethjpeg.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 196
Hello, newbie to the forum but have been reading threads for a bit. Basically I am early 20s and very aware of the fact my teeth are disguisting. I have an appointment with the dentist on Thursday and am terrified I am going to find out all my teeth are going to fall out due to gum disease or periodontitis after endless google searching. For the past month I have been constantly brushing my teeth after meals & flossing and using mouthwash but I dont think it will help at all. I have attached photos if any professionals/experienced are able to be brutally honest and tell me what to expect on Thursday and how the treatment will go... ultimately, am I going to lose my teeth :confused:

Thank you xx

p.s apologies for the pic i am so embarrassed just looking for some support. :redface:

Er...i'm not a dentist so anything I say can be disregarded, but your gums don't look inflamed and your teeth just look like they could do with a clean. Sees dentist for a real opinion. I hope that helps. Gum disease and peridontitis are usually inflamed I think.

Thank you xx

Hi there,

I have gum disease and from your picture your gums look super healthy so if I were you I would not be worried. I wish my gums looked as pink and healthy as yours do! Good luck at your appointment, you will do fine. :)

Back