• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain in front tooth filling when I push it

  • Thread starter Thread starter lil_gravy
  • Start date Start date
L

lil_gravy

Junior member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
1
had four fillings redone.. on front two teeth on right side and front two teeth on left side of two middle front teeth. They all are fine except one of the fang teeth. The outside tooth on the left side. I had work done on that tooth 3 times now because she left a hole on the side.. and had to redo the filling, then she redid it and got blood in the filling so it was dark! Then she had to redo that again! So FINALLY it looks right and feels right.. except the sensitive part. It is on the upper left side..Its sensitive when I touch it with my nail only ..like when i push it. and a little to cold air.. like when i raise my lip and breath in air.. Thats about it. other than that it doesnt bother me.. i just keep touching it becasue i know its sensitive and i want it to go away! I called the dentist and she was saying that she wasnt going to fix anymore and would only do crown! I argued with her since she was saying she had to fix it so many times already. but yet those times she fixed it was HER FAULT! I went to another dentist and he said it looked fine. He just looked at it, pocked a little and grinded a spot that was bumped up on it.. and he said sometimes a tooth will be sensitive. It has now been months since I had work done and still sensitive to touch with my fingernail. Kinda like a foil against tooth feeling..but maybe a lil worse. I am using a prescription strenth tooth paste for sensitivty. It is starting to scare me.. its my front tooth and i am only 23!! I dont want to lose it:-? i have looked all over the internet to see what it is or if anytone has had the problem i have having.. when i do push on it a little with my nail it starts to both me and the tooth hurts for a bit. but then goes away. its so hard to decribe the feeling

Has anyone ever had this problem and if so was it solved? I make ANOTHER appointment with a Cosmetic Dentist. Over the phone I told her this entire story.. she said from the sound of it.. it could be MANY things.. but it almost sounds like its a nerve issue.. then set my appt and we got off the phone .. she was busy.. but that REALLY scares me! NERVE!! doesnt that mean root canal!! I dont want to have to have one of those.. not from being scared of pain.. but just I dont want a crown on front tooth. and I want my teeth to stay healthy!! and MINE!! not fake.

I wanted to give an update incase anyone ever has this same problem.. I went to the dentist today... cosmetic one.. and she did x rays and shined a light on it and blew air on it.. lots of test.. everything was fine. she said she thinks it just needs to be redone.. that the bonding prob is not good on it.. so Gordon.. thank you for your answer you were correct!
 
Last edited:
Try finding another dentist to take a fresh look at it. Could be a problem with the bonding of the filling.
 
Back
Top