• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Part of back molar tooth came off.... So stressed and upset about this whole dental thing

happycheeks93

happycheeks93

Part of back molar tooth came off.... So stressed and upset about this whole dental thing

I was eating chocolate and they were kinda hard. As I was eating on the tooth that has had the root canal treatment, a part of my back tooth came off. It's only a little bit but a half of the tooth. I have a dentist appointment this Wednesday and I don't know if this could be filled or maybe I should just have an extraction. I'm so tired of this whole working myself up to a frenzy until the dentist appointment and then feeling some pain in my appointment. It doesn't hurt when my tongue touch it, it's only the outer layer.

Re: Part of back molar tooth came off.... So stressed and upset about this whole dental thing

Hi happycheeks93,

sorry to read about your broken tooth. Given your painful experiences lately I get your anxiety, however itÄs good that you have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday. Is this the tooth that got a root canal treatment back then in June? Root canal treated teeth usually get a crown few months after the treatment not to break off as they are not as stable as healthy teeth. If this is the tooth from June then it broke off a bit too early, but your dentist might be able to fix it temporarily to give you some time to plan a crown.
You shouldn't experience any pain during the treatment as the tooth is root filled.

All the best wishes and let us know how you got on

Re: Part of back molar tooth came off.... So stressed and upset about this whole dental thing

Hi happycheeks93,

sorry to read about your broken tooth. Given your painful experiences lately I get your anxiety, however itÄs good that you have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday. Is this the tooth that got a root canal treatment back then in June? Root canal treated teeth usually get a crown few months after the treatment not to break off as they are not as stable as healthy teeth. If this is the tooth from June then it broke off a bit too early, but your dentist might be able to fix it temporarily to give you some time to plan a crown.
You shouldn't experience any pain during the treatment as the tooth is root filled.

Yes, I've had a couple of root canal appointments and the last one didn't seem to be successful. I haven't had a crown yet, only a filling.

Hi happycheeks93,

I finally had the worst part of root canal treatment. he numbed my gums and I didn't feel a thing. Now I can have a break from the dentist. The dentist told me wait after 6 months for the tooth to settle and then get a crown. I'm so relieved. :)

That's lovely to read, happycheeks! Give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy the dentist free time! :)

Back