• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial pain

T

Tottle

Junior member
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
3
Location
Williamsburg, Kentucky
I recently received my temporary partial that is only to be used until my mouth is healed. Problem is, I can’t wear it. I’m sure the dentist is gonna get annoyed with my uncertainty but this thing is hurting me. I don’t just mean where the gums are still sore. This thing is so bad on the area underneath my tongue that it makes me feel like crying when I wear it. They told me I’d get used to it but I just can’t. And to top it off, every time I stick my tongue out, it loses suction and pops out! I called to ask if that was normal and was told “yes it’s removable so if you push it with your tongue it’ll pop out.” I had to explain that that’s not what is going on at all. I’m in misery when I try to wear it. It even hurts the tooth the little metal part hooks around. Is this normal? Am I just a wimp?
 
No it's not right. Most dentures need at least one adjustment, sometimes multiple ones. Go back and see your dentist.
 
Back
Top