• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Please help, wisdom teeth problem...

P

pauk21

I got my wisdom tooth removed two days ago, it was impacted, and it was down left one... I m very scared, not couse of swelling and having trouble opening my jaws properly but couse of temperature I have 37.4C constatly, somtimes little more, sometimes little less... My dentist says its normal, I m taking antibiotics, but I m scared to death... Also have some anxiety issues, so this kicks me 10 times harder I think... Any advice...? For how long is it "normal" to have high temperature...

Hopefully you are getting better since you last posted.

Your body is trying to heal after what could be called a shock to the system. The best way to tell if things are going alright is if your pain and swelling have been steadily decreasing since the wizzie was taken out.

Your fever at the time at this post wasn't particularly high, usually over here in the states it would be called a low grade fever since it is under 100.5 F If the antibiotics are for a pre-existing infection (prior to surgery) then your body just fighting the infection could certainly raise your temperature. If they were a preventive measure, sometimes your body just dealing with everything can raise your body temperature a little.

Keep in contact with your dentist and definitely let them know if you haven't been getting better, your fever has gotten worse or your pain/swelling has gotten worse.

Back