S
sal-ad_daze
Junior member
- Joined
- Feb 29, 2008
- Messages
- 6
Hi, I'm New - and terrified!
Hi there,
Have just found your website and am so glad that I've found others in the same boat!![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
Would you believe that I'm feeling sick just being here?!![Sick [smiley=sick.gif] [smiley=sick.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/emojione/sick.png)
I am in my 40's and know exactly where my phobia stems from - the dreaded 'school dentist' (thankfully such a creature no longer exsists). My school dentist had no rapport with children whatsoever and didn't see the need to give painkilling injections for fillings, he just dived in there!![Evil [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/evil.gif)
I've hated dentists ever since. I managed to get some treatment about 18 yrs ago when pregnant with my youngest as the dentist at the clinic my eldest attended was super and managed to actually get me in the chair (he could treat me because I was pregnant, the clinic wasn't allowed to treat 'normal' patients you had to go to a dental practise) unfortunately he then left to set up his own practice elsewhere and I've actually got steadily worse since then.
I last tried to get treatment about 2 years ago when a filling fell out of the front of my front teeth leaving a large hole, the dentist said I had to see the hygenist before he could do anything. I managed to sit in the hygenists chair but as soon as the noisy instruments came anywhere near me I jumped sky high, she assumed it was pain and crossly referred me back to the dentist (I was in too much of a state to correct her). I never went back.![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
I now have two holes in my front teeth so just don't smile anymore, I'd like to get it sorted but am now in such a state that even the thought makes me ill!
I can't affort private treatment so am stuck with trying to find an NHS dentist who can take time with me(!!!!).
We have a large dentist training hospital not far away and some friends have said that it may be best to go there and just be anaethsetised and get it all over and done with (but that terrifies me as well!) but you need to be referred by a practise dentist!
Sorry, I've really gone on but it's nerves! plus the fact I feel that I'm actually talking to people who actually understand!![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
Anyway, as I said at the start, hello to you all!
Hi there,
Have just found your website and am so glad that I've found others in the same boat!
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
Would you believe that I'm feeling sick just being here?!
![Sick [smiley=sick.gif] [smiley=sick.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/emojione/sick.png)
I am in my 40's and know exactly where my phobia stems from - the dreaded 'school dentist' (thankfully such a creature no longer exsists). My school dentist had no rapport with children whatsoever and didn't see the need to give painkilling injections for fillings, he just dived in there!
![Evil [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/evil.gif)
I've hated dentists ever since. I managed to get some treatment about 18 yrs ago when pregnant with my youngest as the dentist at the clinic my eldest attended was super and managed to actually get me in the chair (he could treat me because I was pregnant, the clinic wasn't allowed to treat 'normal' patients you had to go to a dental practise) unfortunately he then left to set up his own practice elsewhere and I've actually got steadily worse since then.

I last tried to get treatment about 2 years ago when a filling fell out of the front of my front teeth leaving a large hole, the dentist said I had to see the hygenist before he could do anything. I managed to sit in the hygenists chair but as soon as the noisy instruments came anywhere near me I jumped sky high, she assumed it was pain and crossly referred me back to the dentist (I was in too much of a state to correct her). I never went back.
![Ashamed [smiley=ashamed.gif] [smiley=ashamed.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/ashamed.gif)
I now have two holes in my front teeth so just don't smile anymore, I'd like to get it sorted but am now in such a state that even the thought makes me ill!
I can't affort private treatment so am stuck with trying to find an NHS dentist who can take time with me(!!!!).
We have a large dentist training hospital not far away and some friends have said that it may be best to go there and just be anaethsetised and get it all over and done with (but that terrifies me as well!) but you need to be referred by a practise dentist!
Sorry, I've really gone on but it's nerves! plus the fact I feel that I'm actually talking to people who actually understand!
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
Anyway, as I said at the start, hello to you all!
![Welcome [smiley=welcome.gif] [smiley=welcome.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/welcome.gif)

![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)


I'm feeling sick just writing this.
).
! It sounds like if this dentist offers hypno-something-or-other, they are keen on helping their patients overcome their fears 
! Congratulations
Anyhow, I was reading about your extraction & mould. I just had an extraction yesterday afternoon (actually it was the fear of that procedure that led me here). It was so much easier than I initially thought. I think being talked through a procedure is better, too. I like them letting me know what exactly they are doing. I truly think if I can have an extraction done while I was awake, I can do anything now. I even hugged the dentist before I left. You sound like you have a really caring dentisit, too. You're lucky; I know there are a lot of quacks out there (I have had several). Take care and, like me, know that you have this place for comfort and a few laughs.

I can't cope with both!!!