• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

post extraction jaw pain?

R

Redburr

Hey, I am just curious, is it normal to suddenly start having lots of jaw pain 2 days after the teeth extraction? It has suddenly become very painful to open and close my jaw. It could be i just woke up and my pain pill hasn't kicked in, but im just curious is this cause for alarm? and how long should this jaw pain continue?

Yes it is normal to have some pain in the jaw after extraction. Usually the third day is the worst they say. It is because you have your mouth open for a while longer than you are used to. As long as the pain meds help and you don't have a bad taste in your mouth you should be fine.

If you are still worried or if things get worse then contact your dentist and ask their advise. :)

Yes it is normal to have some pain in the jaw after extraction. Usually the third day is the worst they say. It is because you have your mouth open for a while longer than you are used to. As long as the pain meds help and you don't have a bad taste in your mouth you should be fine.

If you are still worried or if things get worse then contact your dentist and ask their advise. :)

I dont think i have a bad taste, just a feeling that my jaws been shattered into a million pieces even though it hasn't. Thank you for the response, good to know that sometimes it is simply this much of a delay of pain. :)

Back