• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

post extraction sonic brushes - do they dislodge blood clots?

S

soupy

Hi there :) me again :redface: sorry!!!!! but very much fretting about losing the clot on extraction site LL6.

Do sonic brushes (philips diamond clean on sensitive setting) dislodge clots even when used on the rest of the mouth away from the extraction side?
(I am using a TEPE special care super soft brush around the extraction site, and using my sonic brush switched OFF, on the rest of my teeth, but can i switch the sonic brush ON for the rest of my mouth, or is there a risk the vibration, even on the rest of my mouth could dislodge the clot?)

Many thanks
Soupy

Last edited:
Not a chance, the sonic brushes just aren't that powerful.

You win a virtual prize for the most original question on here for ages :)

Not a chance, the sonic brushes just aren't that powerful.

You win a virtual prize for the most original question on here for ages :)

many thanks again Gordon, for the response and for my virtual award :) thanks for all your input, it helped me get the work done with confidence in the process, and has guided me thru the aftercare - you deserve a prize too :)

Back