• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Post wisdom tooth - hole not stitched ???

T

Troy294

Question with regards to wisdom tooth extraction .
I got my left bottom wisdom tooth removed approx 3 weeks ago . I3 days after it got infected , went back and put me on antibiotics , but got worse I then went on IV antibiotics - after that it was not getting better I went to different dentist , and he said I had dry socket so I got it re opened and formed the blood clot - it’s now been 8 days since the re form of blood clot and it’s still sore so another antibiotics .
But one concerning part where they must have opened my gum up ( not tooth hole ) it’s not been stitched up both dentist didn’t see an issue . But food gets stuck in there . Should this be stitched up ? Also as mentioned by other posters feels like gum stitched to mouth - but when I pull back it looks like a lumpy sore , ulcer type thing .
And there is still a little bit of swelling running on my left side jaw line . Just wondering why would they leave a hole unstitched - would I over time fill up with food down that hole . And the pain is not in extraction site just my inside cheek etc

Your story relates to my situation. How are you feeling now? Hope everything is healing well.

Back