• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about extraction and bone graft done after

  • Thread starter Thread starter dare2820
  • Start date Start date
D

dare2820

Junior member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
15
I already had a major molar extraction last Thursday that had hooked roots which was absolute hell due to the fact my dentist couldn't re-do the root canal(it really sucked since the root canal and crown were only a year old) and had it extracted by another dentist(long story)Anyway the new dentist insisted on me getting a bone graft in case one day I do decide to get implants and i finally gave in since it seems to make sense.Anyway this one is killling me due to the fact that I guess its healing and I have these lose flaps of gum around the extraction that are sore and I constantly have to keep getting food out of even when I do chew on the other side.I just want to know is this normal and will it go away?????I do see the dentist on Thursday....
 
It's hard to say, but usually after a week or so the pain should be subsiding so it doesn't sound too normal. I don't do bone grafts, but I think they normally cover them up with a barrier membrane to prevent the area from epithelializing. It's probably just best to check with the dentist as they can tell you better whether the bone graft is healing up normally.
 
Back
Top