• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question on dental calculus removal? Very nervous

A

Amandapanda7

Hello
I have not been to a dentist in 9 years. I am only 27 years old and I have an appt set up but I am very nervous and don’t know what to expect. I have what I think is dental calculus build up on the back front teeth, despite brushing my teeth daily I’m not sure how it got to this point. I will attach a picture but I am terrified to have them removed. I am scared once it is removed my front bottom teeth will fall out or need to be extracted. Could this possibly happen? Has anyone ever removed this or had it done and all their teeth were okay underneath? Please help with any advice or experience. I have watched some YouTube videos and sometimes it looks like the teeth are super lose after a cleaning and I just want to know what to expect. I know I need to go to a dentist obviously just want to know what I’m walking into and if I will lose my teeth. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4DD9D783-331C-4059-AA17-C712CC5F5E19.jpeg
    4DD9D783-331C-4059-AA17-C712CC5F5E19.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi @Amandapanda7

I think Gordon answered your question a little while ago - you may have missed it as I merged your two threads! You can find the answer here:

Back