• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really anxious.

T

Tr182pr

Hello. I have this broken tooth bottom right, second from the back. Its recently flared up causing an abcess and I've been in excruciating pain. Went to dentist and was expecting him to give me antibiotics. Put on the spot he said we can take it out now if you want, after 3 hours sleep I was very anxious. Had only just woken up 15 mins before and was just feeling rubbish. Anyway I agreed and soon as he put the injection in my gum I had double vision, this freaked me out and he had to stop the procedure. He gave and some antibiotics which bought the gum swelling down and pain went for 2 days. Now it's back and I'm absolutely fearing going back.. 1 for the double vision and 2 just for the procedure. What if it hurts or things go complicated. I'm just not ready :(

Edit: theres gum bubbles growing into the tooth. I'm worried about that too. How will the dentist fix that?

Last edited:
Hello. I have this broken tooth bottom right, second from the back. Its recently flared up causing an abcess and I've been in excruciating pain. Went to dentist and was expecting him to give me antibiotics. Put on the spot he said we can take it out now if you want, after 3 hours sleep I was very anxious. Had only just woken up 15 mins before and was just feeling rubbish. Anyway I agreed and soon as he put the injection in my gum I had double vision, this freaked me out and he had to stop the procedure. He gave and some antibiotics which bought the gum swelling down and pain went for 2 days. Now it's back and I'm absolutely fearing going back.. 1 for the double vision and 2 just for the procedure. What if it hurts or things go complicated. I'm just not ready :(

Edit: theres gum bubbles growing into the tooth. I'm worried about that too. How will the dentist fix that?
Hi,

It sounds to me that the tooth needs to be extracted. In that case I would start with a course of antibiotics, wait 4-5 days till the tooth calms down a bit and then extract it.
The swelling of the gum is not an issue, I don’t think the dentist needs to touch it.
Please bare in mind that I am writing this without examining the tooth.
Could you please share with us, what is your concern? What keeps you from having the tooth extracted?

Back