• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really panicking about this, please help

L

Lordofthedance

Can someone please tell me what this brown stain on my central incisor is. I discovered it yesterday after days of only inspecting my front teeth. I'm really freaking out and I can't go to the dentist till next week Wednesday. I am so afraid of extraction and judgement from the dentist. I've always taken care of my teeth.
IMG_20190513_120215.jpg

It's a brown stain. Tea? Coffee? Red wine? All the finer things in life cause it...

Seriously, 99.9% of dentists don't judge. We're mostly "doers", trying to think of how to fix problems rather than worrying about what caused them. The other .1% are usually orthodontists :)

In addition to what Gordon mentioned: my impression is that there is a white feeling which got stained at its margins, between the filling material and the tooth’s enamel. Usually a simple polishing removes it.

Back