• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really worried - CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

Z

zeezee22

Hi

I had my big molar extracted just over 3 weeks ago and my extraction site is still sore. Really worried as when I look at the hole now there is some white in it. I am worried I have some food in there but dare not touch it. I have rinsed with salt water, but I am worried I am now looking at bone. Is there anyone out there that can help me as I am really scared as to what to do. Please, please help me. I cannot have more time off work as I have had 3 days off already with this and cannot afford to lose my job. My manager explained if I had any more time off I would need to see HR. I am desperate and really miserable with this that started out as a tooth abscess and now I am still suffering weeks later. This is bank holiday weekend and I guess nobody will want to see me over the weekend. I just feel like crying and am really worried.

Thanks to anyone in advance that can support me through this, as I could really do with a little support just now.

Hi zeezee,

When the bone is exposed to the outer world, the pain should be very strong (which does not improve after taking pain-killers) and most likely high temperature and general malaise. I doubt if this your case because usually people cannot go to work during this time.
If you want to be on the safe side, ask the dentist who extracted the tooth to have a look and get your mouth check. You should be charged for that because it is part of the treatment.

All the best,

Aww, I'm really sorry that you're going through such a tough time, and I can really sympathise as I have been there done that. I can't help you on the technical front, although you could post this message on the 'dentistry questions answered' section of the forum. I'm sure someone with some dentistry knowledge will be along soon to advise you. If the pain is unbearable could you go to A & E?

Thinking of you
:XXLhug:

Hi zeezee,

When the bone is exposed to the outer world, the pain should be very strong (which does not improve after taking pain-killers) and most likely high temperature and general malaise. I doubt if this your case because usually people cannot go to work during this time.
If you want to be on the safe side, ask the dentist who extracted the tooth to have a look and get your mouth check. You should be charged for that because it is part of the treatment.

All the best,
I really appreciate your response. Thanks for taking the time to help.

I think Dr Daniel meant that you shouldn't have to pay as the aftercare is part of the treatment.

It don't think that you should be in pain after three weeks it might be infected. Ring your dentist and see if they have an emergency number for you to ring if they are closed. If not see if you can see your GP they can give you some antibiotics if it is infected. Failing that contact your local A&E you may be able to see someone there that can give you something. Try ringing A&E first and see what they say if you cannot contact your dentist or GP.

Let us know how you get on please try not to worry nothing bad is going to happen. Try a cold pack on your cheek see if that helps. If that doesn't help try a warm pack. I find cool works better for me with something like this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

I think Dr Daniel meant that you shouldn't have to pay as the aftercare is part of the treatment.

It don't think that you should be in pain after three weeks it might be infected. Ring your dentist and see if they have an emergency number for you to ring if they are closed. If not see if you can see your GP they can give you some antibiotics if it is infected. Failing that contact your local A&E you may be able to see someone there that can give you something. Try ringing A&E first and see what they say if you cannot contact your dentist or GP.

Let us know how you get on please try not to worry nothing bad is going to happen. Try a cold pack on your cheek see if that helps. If that doesn't help try a warm pack. I find cool works better for me with something like this. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate the advice and support you have given.

I know things take time to heal, but I am sure I should not be still having so much soreness after 3 weeks. I am finding it difficult to eat properly and drink properly and I have lost about 15 lbs in weight in the last 4 weeks and still losing weight as having difficulty eating. I appreciate all the tips and advice. I am scared to touch the extraction site as it is so sore and worried about getting food in there. I will try to ring and hopefully get someone to help me in the morning.

Thanks again.

Back