• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Shaving teeth with periodontal disease

P

Patsyp

Hi I was wondering if I could shave my teeth down is it possible in my case since I have periodontal disease on my bottom teeth because it touches my top teeth.

Im not a good candidate for braces in my case.

this is what my bottom teeth looks like.I’m already in the process of getting the gum disease treated first.

Attachments

• A48214BC-BF39-4F29-BB1D-DB144AE45408.png
    A48214BC-BF39-4F29-BB1D-DB144AE45408.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sady, it's a lot more complicated (usually) than just chopping a bit off the top, for starters the teeth will just come further out of their sockets to compensate within a couple of months :(

Hi I was wondering if I could shave my teeth down is it possible in my case since I have periodontal disease on my bottom teeth because it touches my top teeth.

Im not a good candidate for braces in my case.

this is what my bottom teeth looks like.I’m already in the process of getting the gum disease treated first.
Sady, it's a lot more complicated (usually) than just chopping a bit off the top, for starters the teeth will just come further out of their sockets to compensate within a couple of months :(
what do you think can be done can Splinting the teeth shift it back a bit.?

I don't know without examining you.

Usually you'd be looking at either orthodontic input or some serious crown work. It's not an easy or cheap (!) issue to solve.

I don't know without examining you.

Usually you'd be looking at either orthodontic input or some serious crown work. It's not an easy or cheap (!) issue to solve.
Is it possible to leave it as it is to get it fixed later due to the cost so I could save would it be too late by than.?

Hard to say from the information I have at the moment :)

Back