• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small piece of THE outer filling came off

K

Kropeace

I endured step 1 of a root canal today, they placed temporary filling. Now just a small piece of the filling came off, everything else is intact and the filling is covering everything. Is there any reason for concern?

I would think there is no reason for concern if you are not in any pain. I would be very careful and not chew on or disrupt that area until you have a follow up appointment. If you are still concerned, then I would call the dr that did the root canal.

I would think there is no reason for concern if you are not in any pain. I would be very careful and not chew on or disrupt that area until you have a follow up appointment. If you are still concerned, then I would call the dr that did the root canal.
Thanks, they put a lot of filling so om pretty sure its not a problem. Just wanted to make syre.

Also should i be careful around the filling when brushing?

It was likely a bit of excess coming away so unless there’s an obvious hole I wouldn’t worry.

Just brush as normal :)

It was likely a bit of excess coming away so unless there’s an obvious hole I wouldn’t worry.

Just brush as normal :)
Yeah, i guess there was a lot of decay since half my tooth is covered in filling.
Thanks for reassuring me.

Back