• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Solutions for tender gums?

S

sincitysoul

I’m going to (hopefully) be getting a consultation with a dental residency program soon - but in the mean time, what are y’all’s go to remedies for tender or sore gums?

the most broken tooth I have (upper back molar on left side) is surrounded by some fairly tender gums. The best comparison I have is when you chew too much cinnamon gum - your tongue and gums get irritated, but not outright painful.

is salt water rinsing still the gold standard?

Not a dentist, but I've dealt with tender gums on many occasions. I use a dilute solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. I usually dab it on with a Q-Tip and let it sit for a few minutes. Apply two to three times per day. Feel better!

Difflam spray is supposed to be good, but I've heard it's no longer available in the US? (apparently, drinking it in large enough quantities makes for an interesting recreational drug)

Back