• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Struggling to accept this diagnosis

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mands86
  • Start date Start date
M

Mands86

Junior member
Joined
Apr 26, 2015
Messages
11
Last Thursday I was hit with severe tooth pain. Wondered if I'd been grinding my teeth overnight so decided to see how it played out.

Over the weekend was in severe pain. Swallowed my fear and went to see my dentist Monday morning.

Pain is in upper right back tooth my last molar before my wisdom tooth. Assumed I had an infection and may need another root canal.

Dentist had a look. Nothing to do with my teeth. He said I had a sinus infection and gave me some antibiotics.

The pain is crazy. I would happily rip out all my top teeth for some respite.

Surely this can't all be down to a sinus infection? I'm in a massive panic he has misdiagnosed me and I'll end up with an abscess but he said there was nothing wrong with any of those teeth.

Can a sinus infection do this?
 
Hi.

I haven't had the experience myself with sinus problems and tooth pain, but I've heard that it's possible.

If you're really concerned I'd get in to see my general medical doctor.

Hope you feel better.

JJ
 
Last Thursday I was hit with severe tooth pain. Wondered if I'd been grinding my teeth overnight so decided to see how it played out.

Over the weekend was in severe pain. Swallowed my fear and went to see my dentist Monday morning.

Pain is in upper right back tooth my last molar before my wisdom tooth. Assumed I had an infection and may need another root canal.

Dentist had a look. Nothing to do with my teeth. He said I had a sinus infection and gave me some antibiotics.

The pain is crazy. I would happily rip out all my top teeth for some respite.

Surely this can't all be down to a sinus infection? I'm in a massive panic he has misdiagnosed me and I'll end up with an abscess but he said there was nothing wrong with any of those teeth.

Can a sinus infection do this?

Sinusitis can mimic toothache and sometimes can feel very intense. Is your nose blocked and congested? If yes then chances are yout dentist is right and your toothache will go once the sinus clears up.
 

Similar threads

N
Replies
18
Views
844
amanda1252
A
A
Replies
0
Views
688
Anxiety Riddled
A
A
Replies
2
Views
635
Anxiety Riddled
A
T
Replies
1
Views
653
biffo1963
biffo1963
Back
Top