N
Niki87
Member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2025
- Messages
- 87
- Location
- United Kingdom
I don’t know what to do with myself. I am so sore and having pain following my left lower molar extraction, it’s over 5 weeks still not healing, gums raw, that whole area of my mouth hurts the gums around the back of my second molar and the cheek tissue which I’m sure is because the back upper molar is now irritating the area. It’s constant, I only get a slight bit of relief at night when I get a bit of sleep thanks only to drugging myself up.
I cannot even talk to anyone as talking makes the soreness so much worse. I can’t eat anything but very soft things as my whole mouth seems to hurt. I have a cross bite anyway but I managed ok before I lost the lower molar - now everything is magnified.
I have made an appointment to see an oral consultant but couldn’t get anything for a week and a half, even paying private. I’m in the Uk but don’t have a nhs dentist and although I have a bit of dental cover through work it’s really rubbish and doesn’t cover much so it’s all out of pocket, but I am so desperate for help.
I was supposed to be going on holiday a couple of days ago and couldn’t go due to feeling so bad. I’m barely functioning and so worried about my future and my job.
The upper 2nd molar needs a filling and is starting to get symptomatic so it needs doing soon, but this tooth is causing so much trauma to my tissue, I just don’t see it ever ending and it terrifies me.
I don’t have wisdom teeth as they were extracted in my 20’s due to constant problems and I only have one set of pre-molars, I can’t remember if I never had them or they were extracted due to overcrowding. I have quite a small jaw.
My extraction was incredibly painful even with nerve block and extra injections, it was traumatic and I hope to get an implant to help with functionality but no idea if I will be able to do this yet.
Has anyone else just felt this constant fear? Nothing distracts me from it, I am not living right now, every day is an ordeal just to try and get through.
I just need some hope because it feels like life is not worth living like this. I can’t believe how much impact this has had.
In the uk, don’t know if it’s the same elsewhere, but there is a massive chasm between dentist/ oral care and general medical care. The problems can overlap and cause other problems but once a doctor knows it’s of dental origin, they do not want to know. I’ve had to fight just to get some bloods done to see if there is any underlying problem that may be contributing to my slow healing.
I would just give anything for a couple of hours without the pain/soreness, it really does a number on you physically and mentally. Feel so alone.
Thanks for reading
I cannot even talk to anyone as talking makes the soreness so much worse. I can’t eat anything but very soft things as my whole mouth seems to hurt. I have a cross bite anyway but I managed ok before I lost the lower molar - now everything is magnified.
I have made an appointment to see an oral consultant but couldn’t get anything for a week and a half, even paying private. I’m in the Uk but don’t have a nhs dentist and although I have a bit of dental cover through work it’s really rubbish and doesn’t cover much so it’s all out of pocket, but I am so desperate for help.
I was supposed to be going on holiday a couple of days ago and couldn’t go due to feeling so bad. I’m barely functioning and so worried about my future and my job.
The upper 2nd molar needs a filling and is starting to get symptomatic so it needs doing soon, but this tooth is causing so much trauma to my tissue, I just don’t see it ever ending and it terrifies me.
I don’t have wisdom teeth as they were extracted in my 20’s due to constant problems and I only have one set of pre-molars, I can’t remember if I never had them or they were extracted due to overcrowding. I have quite a small jaw.
My extraction was incredibly painful even with nerve block and extra injections, it was traumatic and I hope to get an implant to help with functionality but no idea if I will be able to do this yet.
Has anyone else just felt this constant fear? Nothing distracts me from it, I am not living right now, every day is an ordeal just to try and get through.
I just need some hope because it feels like life is not worth living like this. I can’t believe how much impact this has had.
In the uk, don’t know if it’s the same elsewhere, but there is a massive chasm between dentist/ oral care and general medical care. The problems can overlap and cause other problems but once a doctor knows it’s of dental origin, they do not want to know. I’ve had to fight just to get some bloods done to see if there is any underlying problem that may be contributing to my slow healing.
I would just give anything for a couple of hours without the pain/soreness, it really does a number on you physically and mentally. Feel so alone.
Thanks for reading
. It sounds as if you got incredibly unlucky, life is just not fair sometimes!! I'm so glad you managed to make an appointment to see a consultant, I hope they will be able to pinpoint what is happening and find a way to get you out of pain quickly. Pity the appointment isn't for another week and a half - did you check if they have a cancellations list? Maybe they could get you in sooner if somebody else cancels - it might be worth checking.

