• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swelling around an impacted canine tooth

J

Jimsie

Former Member
I am 22 and I have an impacted canine tooth with the baby tooth removed. I have been seeing the dentist for a while about this and have had X-rays recently. Although he says it is not causing any problems at the moment he recommended that i go to the hospital to get it checked out.

Deciding what to do about it is taking a long time but recently I have been noticing swelling all around that area. This isn't causing any pain, but the teeth around that area seem to be a bit loose. I know that cysts can occur from impacted canine teeth so I'm not sure if that is problem? I think I have also been getting a slight bad taste in my mouth, but this might be me being paranoid.

I only saw the dentist a few days ago and he took an X-ray then so I assumed any cysts or anything would have been spotted. Is this worth going back to the dentist about or should i wait for a bit?

Worth going back I think, since it's obviously worrying you a fair bit.

Back