• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Telling My Mom

CollegeBound -- Enjoy your time tomorrow with Freud :). Can't wait to read an update -- it will certainly help to distract me for a minute from thinking about my appointment on Monday.

Friends, I have disappointing news on both fronts.

I can't go on the field trip tomorrow. I told my mother I would help her bake cakes for my niece's birthday party on Sunday. :(

And... Freud is taken. By someone whom I deem less attractive looking than me. I hope she has a wonderful personality. Does not mean that thinks can't happen :) A girl can dream!

Fearful, You will be fine on Monday. I will go to your appointment for you if you will go to an APA Formatting Workshop for me :)

Awww!! Bummer!!

In an act of solidarity I am willing to skip everything on Monday and stay home and bake cakes too!! My sister's birthday is tomorrow and my nephew's is Sunday and mine is NEXT Saturday. What do you say Fearful, want to stage a "Bake In" and blow off the Big D and the Big E for CB?

Sorry about Freud....though I wouldn't be surprised if things change...as things do...often and quickly in college - at least that was my experience. I'm sure the real Freud would have something to say about why this happens and what it means!

Friends, I have disappointing news on both fronts.

I can't go on the field trip tomorrow. I told my mother I would help her bake cakes for my niece's birthday party on Sunday. :(

And... Freud is taken. By someone whom I deem less attractive looking than me. I hope she has a wonderful personality. Does not mean that thinks can't happen :) A girl can dream!

Fearful, You will be fine on Monday. I will go to your appointment for you if you will go to an APA Formatting Workshop for me :)

Sorry to hear that CollegeBound, Cakes are good though ;) I like Cakes:hungry:

With Freud, you are right you never know what's going to happen but everything happens for a reason, trust me on that one :)

APA Formatting.......Bring it on!!!

CB -- I will totally trade with you APA formatting for dentist appt -- DEAL! I can do APA in my sleep. I can back cakes too :). Mugz -- I'm ready for the bake in if you are!

Total bummer about Freud! I know it doesn't feel like it now, but these things do always happen for a reason. On to bigger and better for you.

Friends, it seems that I jump from one hoop to another.

The reason I have not been on here as much as promised, I had another gallbladder attack on Sunday night, and my parents too me to the ER. I was there for 2 days and returned today with antibiotics. Still having surgery on the 13th to remove my gallbladder and appendix (if they can find it,LONG story)

I promise to do better about responding. Cakes went well. Turned out really cute!

The situation with Freud sucks, but oh well.......

I again apologize for my absence. PM me if you need me and I am not around.

CB -- sorry to hear that you've had such a rough couple of days. I'm sure you'll be glad to finally have your gallbladder removed!!! I've not had my gallbladder removed, but I've had laproscopic abdominal surgery (I'm guessing that this is how they will do your surgery as well) and was up and walking around (2 miles!) the very next day.

Glad you've given us a little update. I have another appointment on 10/9 and after that I hope that I'll be better able to provide support to you and others.

Hang in there!

Thank you Fearful! This will be my first time having any surgery since I was 12, and my first time being knocked out since I was 16. I had a pretty good streak going!

I am hoping and praying for your appointment to go well. What are they doing next appointment?

CB -- I've only had surgery that one time and, like I said, it went really well.

Next week my appointment is for a bite adjustment (I've updated my thread if you want all the details). It should be a very quick (10 mins max) and easy appointment, but my cleaning yesterday was awful and incredibly painful so I feel like I'm back to square one with my fear. I'm also thinking that the dentist may not actually come back next week, so my appointment may get postponed which means even more time to get myself all sorts of anxious.

Thanks for checking in!

I am not worried much, but the hospital did give me a huge packet containing a living will and other crap like that because I am over 18. I have to fill that out. What 19 year old wants to think about that? 0. none. nada.

I know it is scary, but it sounds like your will be just fine! I have faith in you. I need to see your success story, even if I am not going through dental hell right now. Mine is just belly hell! Haha!

Hey chica! Just checking in to see how you're holding up. I think your surgery is coming up soon. Thinking about you and hoping everything goes well.

Thank you! It is Monday. I have to be there at 6:15am. And since we live about an hour and 15 minutes away, that means that my butt will be bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30am! Yay me!

So... Twas the night before surgery, and all through her room, CollegeBound was listing the stuff still to do. There was a bedroom to clean and electronics to charge, a shower to take and needs to set an alarm. There were clothes to be packing and paperwork to find, and try to stay in what's left of her mind. But instead what she does instead of getting into the tub, is sit down and on Netflix, and watch an episode of Scrubs.

So when 4:00 comes early in the morn, when she wakes up and her face is in scorn, she will look in the mirror and what will she see? A bed-headed woman needing to pee.

And right before surgery, when her unconscious state falls, she'll think "Goodbye gallbladder, once and for all!"

This is awesome! Love the list in poem form -- that takes it to a whole new level :). Is it day surgery? Are they doing it laparoscopically? I had laparoscopic abdominal surgery many years ago and the recovery was super easy! Way easier than this tooth nonsense.

They are going to try to do it laparoscopically, but because I had an omplalocele when I was born, and my organs are kind of in there where ever they would fit, they may have to cut me open. If they do, I will be there for 2-3 days. If not, I should come home on Tuesday.

Still a little nervous. You can read my post on my Gallbladder thread in the off topic section.

Your poem/list was AWESOME!!!
I'll be up early thinking of you up early....and sending strength your way!!!!
Your life will be so much better without the gallstones....so yes, wave goodbye to the gallbladder. Adios beyoch!

Praying all goes well for you (and it will) and that they are able to do it all laparoscopically. I bet they will. It is amazing what they can do...even if they have to extend an incision here or there slightly...they can still get what they need to get done via the scope. Here's to recovery full of SCRUBS!!

((((((((((((HUGE HUGS TO COLLEGEBOUND))))))))))))))

If I can dream about JD and his HOTTTTTTTTTTT lips during surgery, then I'm game! I will be thinking about you too tomorrow, and will be happy to hear that you are fine and well.

As for the mysterious man I was telling you about, well, we have a date this week! For those of you following, this is not Freud. We shall call him Junior, because he is a junior at the high school that I graduated from in May. And yes, he is a baby-faced cutie!

Hoping all went well today and you are resting comfortably!! Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way!!!

Sending good thoughts your way. Hoping everything went well and that you will make a quick and easy recovery.