• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temp crown on for possibly to long due to COVID.. freaking out

B

Blondey209

Hi lovely people.
im trying to remain calm And seem to just have the worst luck with my teeth.

I had a temp crown placed last Tuesday and was due to have my permanent one done yesterday, unfortunately our city perth in Western Australia went into lockdown that day and dentist were put into level 4 restrictions , I was told I could not come in for my crown placing and had to wait.

if all goes well our lockdown should be lifted this sat ( I know Im being impatient and stressing possibly for no reason) but I wanted to know …
1. Is there anything I should avoid , ie anything that will dissolve the cement keeping temp in place ect.
2. What do I do if it comes off? (Terrified of that)
3. What on earth will I do if lockdown is extended and I have to wait longer and longer with a temp crown… (I’ve read it’s only supposed to be on for 3 week tops)

ive already paid for half of the procedure… and it’s not cheap, hopefully I’m worried for nothing and can get it done on sat.. I guess I’m trying to calm my mind of the scarey possibilities…

‘’thanks in advance and hope your all safe x

I had a temp crown on for six months. My tooth never settled and the endodontist wanted to wait. It never popped off, although I avoided chewing on it because it hurt anyway. The temp glue can be pretty strong. My dentist told me that if it did come off, use toothpaste to hold it on until I could get in to get it fixed.

I had a temp crown on for six months. My tooth never settled and the endodontist wanted to wait. It never popped off, although I avoided chewing on it because it hurt anyway. The temp glue can be pretty strong. My dentist told me that if it did come off, use toothpaste to hold it on until I could get in to get it fixed.
Oh thank you so much for that, that’s really good to know.❤️

I’ve stayed off it since it was placed (even before it was placed actually) haven’t eaten on that side for over 2 months so hopefully that prolongs it even further.

really appreciate your reply thank you so much

I had a temp crown for 1 month because the perm they made two weeks after was not sized well. Just dont eat on that side.

My temporary crown which i had done last year, it took my dentist a long time to remove before placing my proper crown.

Blondey209

I so get temp crowns on longer making one nervous, they always made me nervous,. some are really solid and can hang on quite a long time. I think my longest was around 6 weeks but. I"ve heard of longer. I do tend to avoid when chewing , eat on the other side if at all possible.

A past dentist told me if a crown comes off you can use, denture adhesive, temporary crown cement kits you can buy at the drug stores, (which can be tricky.. I put one on the wrong way )
and he said tooth paste, or elmers glue,, NOT super glue but elmers glue he said its not toxic and it holds it for short periods not meaning to last too long.. never tried this means.. not sure I'd want to.. but he did mention it.

An old dentist of mine actually gave me a small sample of the temp cement to take home with me and showed me how in case of emergency.

Just some ideas.. hope you get it on quick and can have that bit of relief. :)

I had a temp crown for 1 month because the perm they made two weeks after was not sized well. Just dont eat on that side.
Ah sorry to hear that would have been annoying but good to know it can last that long in case, thanks heaps

Blondey209

I so get temp crowns on longer making one nervous, they always made me nervous,. some are really solid and can hang on quite a long time. I think my longest was around 6 weeks but. I"ve heard of longer. I do tend to avoid when chewing , eat on the other side if at all possible.

A past dentist told me if a crown comes off you can use, denture adhesive, temporary crown cement kits you can buy at the drug stores, (which can be tricky.. I put one on the wrong way )
and he said tooth paste, or elmers glue,, NOT super glue but elmers glue he said its not toxic and it holds it for short periods not meaning to last too long.. never tried this means.. not sure I'd want to.. but he did mention it.

An old dentist of mine actually gave me a small sample of the temp cement to take home with me and showed me how in case of emergency.

Just some ideas.. hope you get it on quick and can have that bit of relief. :)
Aw thank you so much , so nice to have this forum and lovely people to lean on in these times. Very good to know, I’m definitely not eating on that side and will check out the glue in chemist just in case it comes off. Thank you so much for reply

Hi Blondey did you go ok? Make it to the dentist?

thank you so much for asking. I had to wait a few weeks but got it done eventually.. its been a few months now its still not 100%but im hoping its due to not being able to wear my mouthguard (getting wisdom teeth out then getting it redone) hopefully after all that it will feel normal ?

Back