• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrible pain & on a waiting list for extraction!

  • Thread starter Thread starter celtic_girl
  • Start date Start date
It's now past the 72 hours and I am feeling much better. I only have a small amount of pain now and still a bit of swelling around the extraction site.

The only concerns I have now are:

- I feel like I am struggling to eat, even though it's just one tooth at the very back that is missing. I am not sure how I will get used to this and it feels weird when I eat food as if it's getting stuck around the hole.
Will I ever be able to eat normally again on both sides?

- How long does the swelling take to go down?

- I have a wisdom tooth there which hopefully will come in soon. If not, when will the hole in my gum close over with new gum tissue?
 
By the time you have done another week you will feel back to normal if not before, everyone is different. Just eat normal now, the jaw may ache for a few more days. You sound as if you are healing really well.

You will get used to the feeling and before you know it your wisdom will probably be through. I am glad you are not in much pain now, and thank you for updating us on your progress.

You are doing really well :jump::jump::jump:
 
I am glad I decided to have this tooth out at the emergency clinic last week. I just got a letter from the hospital offering me an appointment for an extraction on the 19th December!!!!! How ridiculous - I would have had toothache for another 3 months and a sore mouth/jaw on Christmas Day!

This is all my own dentist's fault though for not taking it out in the first week of August when I originally saw him which is what the consultant and the other dentist I saw said he should have done!
 
It's nice when you get confirmation that you made the right decision. Good for you :jump::jump::jump:
 
Back
Top