• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified for the future of my teeth

L

Lila Grace

Junior member
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
3
Location
Florida
Hi, I'm almost 19 and I've never been to the dentist. My family never had health insurance and only recently got it. The only reason I've worked up the courage to go soon is because I chipped a molar that had decayed due to a cavity and I know it will only get worse if I don't address it.
My major concern is my four front bottom incisors, to two very front ones being the worst. I've had tartar buildup on them for a while, first noticing it when I was 9 or 10 and a chunk broke off. They have been wiggly as far as I can remember, I can wiggle them with my fingers and click them by pushing on them with my tongue. There is a (kinda blurry) picture of them in this post.
I know I probably have some terrible peridontitis that has been stewing in my mouth for years and some severe bone loss and I'll most likely need all 4, if not more, removed but I'm just scared to face reality. I'm a performer, I can't lose my teeth.
I'm scared shitless.
 

Attachments

  • 20250515_194622.jpg
    20250515_194622.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 9
How did this go? I also am having serious issues with my lower 4 teeth and am horrified thinking of how I will look without them. I am worried the tartar buildup and periodontitis is so severe that I won't be able to get implants and that I won't be able to speak or eat properly with dentures on those teeth, as all I am seeing is that those are some of the worst ones to lose. What ended up happening with you? Did you go to the dentist/any luck? Wishing you the best.
 
Back
Top