D
dylan26
Junior member
- Joined
- May 18, 2010
- Messages
- 4
Hi
I had an Upper Molar extracted on Tuesday & have just noticed some tiny red spots on my inner gums next to extracted site. The gums are not swollen, just slightly sore - but not interrupting drinking/ eating. No pain in the site itself...which seems to look OK, but wouldn't know what OK looks like really - in terms of dentistry!
I just noticed them this morning & freaked out for a few minutes - then just went about my daily business & thought - hey, if you feel alright - what's the problem?
So, wondering what they are/ what it means - but am not unduly scared right now - like I was for the past two and a half weeks - when I had tooth pain that was hardly bearable at times, (& I don't take painkillers if I can avoid!) ashamedly - due to smoking/ gum disease!
Like everyone here - I was putting off going to the dentist...because of my fears. I don't like simply sitting in the dentist's chair....because I feel 'out of control.' regardless of my wonderful dentist!
So - I spent 2 1/2 weeks trawling the net/ forums.....reading everything on the net basically - to the point that last Saturday, I thought I definitely had a brain abscess - due to length of time I'd neglected seeing dentist & stuff read on net/ forums. By that time - I felt quite paranoid & thought that was it!
However, I went to the dentist Tuesday - a total nervous wreck by that time!
& Tooth was yanked out in under a minute. Not a nice process - after 4 injections & I hate the sound of cracking!
However, pain has gone, old tooth has gone. Then I worried about Dry Socket/ Infection from web reading,) (still am a bit.) Then smoking, what to eat/when, etc.)
However, when local anaesthetic wore off 5 hours later....I smoked, drank a bottle of wine & turned off PC....& felt so much better.....listening to my own body!
In summing up - well, I don't know if I'm over my probs. from this right now, but I feel much better - listening to my own body/needs.
I think the Web can be very dangerous at times - & best to go to dentist/ doctor first before exploring here!
Best
I had an Upper Molar extracted on Tuesday & have just noticed some tiny red spots on my inner gums next to extracted site. The gums are not swollen, just slightly sore - but not interrupting drinking/ eating. No pain in the site itself...which seems to look OK, but wouldn't know what OK looks like really - in terms of dentistry!
I just noticed them this morning & freaked out for a few minutes - then just went about my daily business & thought - hey, if you feel alright - what's the problem?
So, wondering what they are/ what it means - but am not unduly scared right now - like I was for the past two and a half weeks - when I had tooth pain that was hardly bearable at times, (& I don't take painkillers if I can avoid!) ashamedly - due to smoking/ gum disease!
Like everyone here - I was putting off going to the dentist...because of my fears. I don't like simply sitting in the dentist's chair....because I feel 'out of control.' regardless of my wonderful dentist!
So - I spent 2 1/2 weeks trawling the net/ forums.....reading everything on the net basically - to the point that last Saturday, I thought I definitely had a brain abscess - due to length of time I'd neglected seeing dentist & stuff read on net/ forums. By that time - I felt quite paranoid & thought that was it!
However, I went to the dentist Tuesday - a total nervous wreck by that time!
& Tooth was yanked out in under a minute. Not a nice process - after 4 injections & I hate the sound of cracking!
However, pain has gone, old tooth has gone. Then I worried about Dry Socket/ Infection from web reading,) (still am a bit.) Then smoking, what to eat/when, etc.)
However, when local anaesthetic wore off 5 hours later....I smoked, drank a bottle of wine & turned off PC....& felt so much better.....listening to my own body!
In summing up - well, I don't know if I'm over my probs. from this right now, but I feel much better - listening to my own body/needs.
I think the Web can be very dangerous at times - & best to go to dentist/ doctor first before exploring here!
Best