• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tongue brushing...Does this help keep bacteria off your teeth??

Poppy1234

taking a break from the forum
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
261
Location
Sheffield and Stockport, UK.
I heard it did?
I've never bothered doing this, but I will if it will prevent bacteria that is harmful to teeth and gums.

Although I eat extremely healthily, I have always had a bit of a yellow coating on my tongue, so it doesn't look that nice!
I'm quite sure there's nothing wrong with it, but I would keep it clean if I thought it would help my teeth!

;D :D ;)
 
You'll get bacteria on your teeth regardless of tongue brushing. But tongue brushing will help with halitosis (bad breath).
 
But will tongue brushing help reduce bacteria levels?
I don't have bad breath.
 
Not in the long run.
 
Ok. ;D
Won't bother then, unless I am planning on snogging someone nice...:P
 
I'm not saying tongue brushing is not beneficial (I do it everyday); it will get rid of bacteria coating your tongue but with so much bacteria in our mouths already and with everything we eat they will colonize it again.
 
Back
Top