• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Extraction Question

T

thisisme

Sorry to always have so many questions. ? I had an erupted upper wisdom tooth pulled Monday night (never had any tooth pulled before). It was fine. No complications. I’m now able to eat okay and open my mouth and brush my teeth, but...

That extraction spot hurts when I run, dance, or walk down stairs. I can’t describe the pain. It’s not horrible. Just uncomfortable. I love to dance but any bounce type movement, and I have to stop. I don’t remember anything in the paperwork about no running after a week.

I’m leaving for an overnight trip tomorrow, so I’m hoping it’s fine. God forbid I’m not seeing another dentist in a different location! Any suggestions on what it could be and if it is cause for concern. I get fillings next week and really don’t want to go back in before then.

I hope I’m just being paranoid. Any reassurance would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I’m guessing it’s the throbbing you’re feeling. I don’t know how to describe it any other way. It’s sorta like your body’s reacting to the recent trauma, and you feel a kind of pressure. I’m getting that as well, but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Once the site heals up, you won’t feel that anymore.

I’m guessing it’s the throbbing you’re feeling. I don’t know how to describe it any other way. It’s sorta like your body’s reacting to the recent trauma, and you feel a kind of pressure. I’m getting that as well, but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Once the site heals up, you won’t feel that anymore.

This makes me feel sooooo much better! Thank you,BoxerMom! It’s such a weird sensation and you start to ask “am I normal?! Is this normal?” It feels mostly healed because I’m opening my mouth fully and eating on both sides, but I guess it might need a few more days to fully, fully heal.

Pressure is a good way to describe it. I wish it came with a warning, though. I went to dance and was like woooooah, what is wrong with that spot?!

Thank you again. That makes me feel like so much better.

I have had the exact same thing with every dental surgery/extraction/implant placement. I know exactly what you are talking about. Honestly, for me it lasted about 2 to 3 weeks, and just tapered off.

I have had the exact same thing with every dental surgery/extraction/implant placement. I know exactly what you are talking about. Honestly, for me it lasted about 2 to 3 weeks, and just tapered off.

Thank you for the time frame. I was wondering how long it would last. I’m a skipper. Like I physically skip around work (I’m fairly bubbly), so this is killing me!

Thank you for the time frame. I was wondering how long it would last. I’m a skipper. Like I physically skip around work (I’m fairly bubbly), so this is killing me!

Yeah, I had a hard time as well. I walk our dog every day, and we had a lot shorter walks than usual. Household chores were difficult as well, at least the ones that required leaning over like laundry and dishes.

Almost two weeks now and I’m still feeling it. I’m glad I’m not a runner. The more I experience it, it reminds me of a cavity pain in the gums but only on certain movements. I have an appointment on Monday for fillings, so I’m sure he’ll check it. Thanks for telling me it was normal. I feel less crazy now. :)

I still have it occasionally (like once or twice a week) with my front upper tooth now, that was extracted and had bone grafting and an implant. It has been a little over a month, so I guess the time frame can be longer.

I still have it occasionally (like once or twice a week) with my front upper tooth now, that was extracted and had bone grafting and an implant. It has been a little over a month, so I guess the time frame can be longer.
Yes, I agree. Mine was a month ago and I’m still getting it.

I’m going on three weeks and it doesn’t seem to happen often... if at all anymore! Yay! Thanks, everyone. One appointment left and my dental absence won’t haunt me anymore!

Glad it is decreasing/going away!

Back