• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth slightly loose and tartar buildup around it. This is really the reason why I'm nervous...

V

Vix

I have this thought that a dentist is going to loosen my tooth (front bottom middle tooth) more while cleaning, perhaps even pull/knock it out accidentally during the cleaning process. The thought of pressure on this tooth is really freaking me out. But I know it's only going to get worse without attention. I have a painful knot in my stomach thinking about this.

Is this a realistic thought? Do dentists treat an area differently if there's a loose tooth?

Yes, we generally treat it a bit more gently. It's not that easy to take out a loose tooth, it might feel like it's hanging by a thread, but it really isn't!
Unfortunately it's going to deteriorate very fast if you don't get it looked at soon.

Do you have any pictures? I have the same fear wit my bottom middle tooth . My tooth isn’t loose though

Back