• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very confused

S

SecondLife

Just over 2 months ago I visited a new dental surgery for a check up and was advised that I needed a filling and two extractions. I was also told that they needed approval from the hospital for them to carry out the extractions as I take Alendronic Acid. I duly paid the £49.50 requested and had my filling and the two extractions. I have had problems with the extractions and the latest saga is that I have had to visit again today as one of the extractions was to remove a broken crown but they left the fixing in and it had not healed, so they have filed the fixing down and have said that it should heal over now. On top of all this I was requested to pay a further £18.50. I have queried this but have been told that I have to pay as it is longer than two months since they did the extraction. My argument to this is that it is not my fault that the site of the extraction has not healed as they did not complete the job properly. Would welcome thoughts on this please.

Well usually they do say that anything that goes wrong after two months has to be another charge but I do think that they should not have charged you again as it is still soon after and it isn't anything that you could do anything about.

I would write to the practice manager and ask if it would be possible to get a refund of your £49.50 and explain. Did you contact the practice within the 2 months.

I have just noticed now as well that the £49.50 has now gone up to £50.50 :butterfly:

They were doing a very good job of trying to blind me with facts and figures today, good job I had the Rottweiler with me (don't tell my wife I called her that). I originally paid the £49.50 which I understand covers exam, fillings and extractions. Since the extractions I have been back a couple of times as I was still in pain and as far as I am concerned this is just a follow on. The NHS website clearly states that if the problem follows an extraction and you have to go back then it can be up to a year. I let my wife loose on them and I did not pay in the end but am not amused at their treatment.

Good for you I always say if you want something dealt with send in the mother or wife :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or even the nana. Lord help the person that messes with the nana :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think I would be looking for another dentist, good for you for doing your homework on this and going in to fight your corner, even if it was behind your Rottweilers, oops sorry your wife's skirts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry but you did give me a giggle. I hope things get right for you now. All the best to you I am glad you got it sorted, some dentists do try it on. I think they will think twice before taking you on again :ROFLMAO::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: RESULT :superman::superman::superman::superman::superman::butterfly:

By the way we know you have pet names for us, I am called the Terror hawk :ROFLMAO:;):giggle:

Back