• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very large blood clot after teach removed

A

Atmosworld

Hi,

i had my wisdom tooth removed yesterday 9am. Everything was fine and as the day progressed I stopped bleeding and I felt like normal. I went to bed around 10pm and slept for about 30 min. When I woke up I gaden a very large amount of blood on my pillow and a massive blood clot, jelly thing, in the corner of my mouth. It reached from where my tooth would have been to the front and it is hanging about half way. I do have pic if anyone really excited to go see it. I phoned the dentist this morning and they said leave it fir another 24 hours. Trouble is I can't sleep as it is uncomfortable and still producing blood, it's done all day, on and off. I have only been able to eat very soft food and drink water. I am worried that if it comes out, it will pull the clot in my wisdom tooth area aswell, it seems to be one very large connected clot. should I be worried?

many thanks
matt

Update,

the he clot has now fallen from the teeth next to the whole and us now piled up against my gum, it is still connected to the clot in the whole. I am so worried it will pull this out and leave me with dry socket, which I have read so many horrible things about.

P.s sorry about typos, iPad ! ?

Back