M
mahiyu
Member
- Joined
- May 9, 2010
- Messages
- 24
- Location
- UK
Hi
I had an implant placed in place of a lateral upper incisor late last year. Everything has seemed to go smoothly, with virtually no pain during the healing process. I had the healing cap removed and the crown placed on Monday.
On Tuesday, I noticed that if I touch the crown it creates a weird feeling of "pressure" in my head. It's not painful at all. It happens even with quite a light touch of my finger nail, with minimal force being applied, and also with a toothbrush. The "pressure" lingers for a couple of minutes after I take my finger or the toothbrush off the crown, and if I touch the crown for too long I start to feel a bit light-headed. If I touch it lightly with my tongue I don't have any problems.
I went back to the dentist yesterday, and the first question he had was whether or not I'd had a cold - I said that it did feel a bit like a cold. He thought it might be sinus-related because some of the "pressure" is right next to my nose so he's given me some antibiotics (amoxicillin) to see if it clears up. He also took an x-ray and said everything looked fine - he showed me the sinuses on the x-ray, and there is clearly a lot of bone between the end of the implant and the sinus. He also said that he doesn't think there is anything untoward going on due to the lack of pain. I'm due to see him for a checkup in just over a week so he is going to review it then.
I'm starting to worry that there is something funny going on that will result in the loss of the implant. Has anyone ever come across anything like this before? Does the sinus theory sound reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
I had an implant placed in place of a lateral upper incisor late last year. Everything has seemed to go smoothly, with virtually no pain during the healing process. I had the healing cap removed and the crown placed on Monday.
On Tuesday, I noticed that if I touch the crown it creates a weird feeling of "pressure" in my head. It's not painful at all. It happens even with quite a light touch of my finger nail, with minimal force being applied, and also with a toothbrush. The "pressure" lingers for a couple of minutes after I take my finger or the toothbrush off the crown, and if I touch the crown for too long I start to feel a bit light-headed. If I touch it lightly with my tongue I don't have any problems.
I went back to the dentist yesterday, and the first question he had was whether or not I'd had a cold - I said that it did feel a bit like a cold. He thought it might be sinus-related because some of the "pressure" is right next to my nose so he's given me some antibiotics (amoxicillin) to see if it clears up. He also took an x-ray and said everything looked fine - he showed me the sinuses on the x-ray, and there is clearly a lot of bone between the end of the implant and the sinus. He also said that he doesn't think there is anything untoward going on due to the lack of pain. I'm due to see him for a checkup in just over a week so he is going to review it then.
I'm starting to worry that there is something funny going on that will result in the loss of the implant. Has anyone ever come across anything like this before? Does the sinus theory sound reasonable?
Thanks in advance.