• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What does this mean - shifting teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter bioflame
  • Start date Start date
B

bioflame

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
26
For the past 4 years, my upper two front teeth are separating from the other. At first it was a tiny space, now it's like 1/4" Im scared. And I'm scared to go to dentist. I have no dental insurance. I'm 63 yrs old.
On one side is a fixed bridge. The side that is moving is the 2 front natural teeth, but they are covered with veneers.

I'm so scared of dentists. I fear all my teeth are suffering from the same thing. I noticed 3 other teeth shifting. What is the likely cause of my upper teeth shifting? What kind of dentist to I need to see? I don't have a dentist. I'm soooo scared.

I cant lay flat on my back at the dentist office. I have health issues. Aye yi yi.
Please help
 
Hi Bioflame,
there are three likely causes of your front teeth seperating:
The first is if you have a habit of chewing a pen top or biting your fingernails.
Second is if your bite is uneven and putting excess pressure behind the front teeth.
Third is if you have gum disease.
The second and third are made worse if you have lost a lot of back teeth.
Potentially the fix is quite simple but waiting will only mean it gets worse so I think you should get a consult arranged as soon as possible.
Best of luck, I hope it goes well.
 
Back
Top