• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wierd morning breath question

archaeodani2

archaeodani2

ok.. yes this is a wierd question...

Before I got my two bad teeth pulled, it was QUITE apparent that the morning-bad breath was a result of the teeth - I could literally taste it :censored:....

NOW, after the teeth are gone, my mouth tastes different in the morning... Since it's been 8 years since both these teeth went bad, I don't have a frame of reference to go by (not memorable anyway)to know if what I taste now means no more decay, and it's just residual yuckies from the day before, or something else...

(at first I thot it indicated an infection beginning in my extraction site, but after Friday & the dentist telling me it's healing fine - that explanation is out of the equasion....)

Soooo..... is it possible my mouth really is healthy (excluding the cleanings I need now) with no traces of decay anymore to make it blechy in the morning??? :thumbsup: :devilish:

It certainly might be better, but the mouth contains lots of bacteria to create all sorts of odors. I don't think one can ever eliminate them completely. Removing decayed and infected teeth does change things, but even in an edentulous (no teeth) state there's still going to be some smells I believe.

Mouthrinses, tongue scraping and wiping ridges with a warm wet cloth may help denture wearers as well as soaking the dentures in water with a little Scope.

Back