• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth extraction in about an hour and starting to get a cold; urgent question, please help!!

A

anonymous0732

Wisdom teeth extraction in about an hour and starting to get a cold; urgent question, please help!!

I'm having my wisdom teeth removed today, and I think I've been developing a slight cold over the past couple of days because family members were/are sick. It's not a full blown cold, no coughing and hardly any sneezing, just nasal congestion and some post nasal drip (and currently after having just woken up my throat near my ear hurts a little). I really really don't want to have to reschedule (and I've already had to reschedule this appointment twice due to conflicting commitments); will it still be okay if I have the surgery today? I don't want to get anyone sick and I don't want to be unable to breathe properly but I really dont' want to reschedule. Please help! thank you!

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction in about an hour and starting to get a cold; urgent question, please hel

I'm having my wisdom teeth removed today, and I think I've been developing a slight cold over the past couple of days because family members were/are sick. It's not a full blown cold, no coughing and hardly any sneezing, just nasal congestion and some post nasal drip (and currently after having just woken up my throat near my ear hurts a little). I really really don't want to have to reschedule (and I've already had to reschedule this appointment twice due to conflicting commitments); will it still be okay if I have the surgery today? I don't want to get anyone sick and I don't want to be unable to breathe properly but I really dont' want to reschedule. Please help! thank you!

Just to update -- I ended up having the surgery and it seemed to go fine, so this question is irrelevant now:)

Back