• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Teeth Removed and im panicking over brushing/everything

M

Minersof49ers

Ok hi this is my first time on here. No one was responding on Quora and i needed to ask questions so here I am.

so I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed last Thursday (so this is day 5/6) and im freaking out.

My back molars next to the wisdom teeth extraction sites have that film of plaque on them for sure, but i dont know how to clean them. Im scared of getting a dry socket from hitting the extraction site, but i dont want a cavity from not brushing them.

On top of that, everytime i swallow i feel like im putting negative pressure on my back right socket. It was only partially impacted and is a little more sore than the rest of the sockets. Will swallowing with this pressure dislodge the clot?

Thanks yall

If you're on day five or six, and you've no symptoms by now, you're fine. Feel free to brush those back molars (be gentle though, as the healing gums will be tender - if you see a little blood, do not panic, very normal while gums are tender). Continue to be gentle and careful with your extraction sites, but please do not worry. :)

If you're on day five or six, and you've no symptoms by now, you're fine. Feel free to brush those back molars (be gentle though, as the healing gums will be tender - if you see a little blood, do not panic, very normal while gums are tender). Continue to be gentle and careful with your extraction sites, but please do not worry. :)

Okay, thank you so much.

And one final question: is it normal to feel pressure in my whole jaw/hear like clicking noises from what sounds like the stitches?

Thank you again so so much

I had a lower molar extraction a few weeks ago and an upper one today. I know your fears well.

If you haven't got one, buy a baby toothbrush. They are soft and tiny and work well for cleaning those teeth next to the extraction site. Also, those little cleaners that look like wire bristle cleaners thay are made for cleaning between teeth work great for getting behind the molar.

Salt water rinses will help your teeth feel cleaner as well.

Back