• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

1st appointment in15 years

K

Kelly1982

Where I begin I'm sat here in tears, my 1st appointment is at 2pm I feel sick my teeth are a mess I cracked my front tooth that has gone rotten well must if my teeth are rotten I'm a 30 year old. I have a NHS card will they be able to do anything. I'm not even sure if I will be able to open my mouth and show then what's inside I'm so embarrassed that I have let it get this far I have eaten for days or slept for more than a few hours :(

Where do I begin I'm sat here in tears, my 1st appointment is at 2pm I feel sick my teeth are a mess I cracked my front tooth that has gone rotten well most of my teeth are rotten I'm a 30 year old. I have a NHS card will they be able to do anything. I'm not even sure if I will be able to open my mouth and show them what's inside I'm so embarrassed that I have let it get this far I have eaten for days or slept for more than a few hours :(
:( :(

Just really wanted to say Good Luck...getting through today will be the hardest part...once you've opened your mouth you will instantly feel relieved that you're going to get help.

I hadn't been for over twenty years so longer than you :) and things were not as bad as I thought...and like I say just finally letting someone see what was going on and knowing that we could start dealing with it was such a relief....try and be strong and well done, let us know how you got on....YOU CAN DO IT!

I hope everything went well for you, you did well making the appointment. I hope you made it.:)

Hi Kelly!

Did you make your appointment? Hope it went better than you thought, please let us know.

:)
Laura

I hope you did make it to your appointment and that it all went well.

If you didn't manage to get there, still please come on and tell us how you are feeling and we can still offer you support and comfort. A lot of people cannot make it to their first appointment.

I hope you manage to find the time to come and let us know how you are. :)

Hi well what a time I went and started treatment. As I was so scared I ended up with lock jaw ended up I hospital having it fixed but glad to let you know my teeth weren't really as bad as I said I have now started treatment had a lot of fillings and am going back next tues for the crack tooth to be sorted I can't tell you enough how good my dentist is she ask me every few mins am I ok gets on with the work as quick as possible xxxx

Hi well what a time I went and started treatment. As I was so scared I ended up with lock jaw ended up I hospital having it fixed but glad to let you know my teeth weren't really as bad as I said I have now started treatment had a lot of fillings and am going back next tues for the crack tooth to be sorted I can't tell you enough how good my dentist is she ask me every few mins am I ok gets on with the work as quick as possible xxxx

This story is so bad ass! I'm a freaking whimp to go this wendsday for my 1st appoinntment since 2 nd grade I'm 21 so how many years is that? ?? I never really was thaought good hygine as a result my teeth are bad! 4 days to go ahhh!????????

GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover: Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

GOOD LUCK :clover::clover::clover: Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

it's Sunday It's 72 hours to go im going crazy thinking what the outcome could be that the dentist will say 'you have not brushed properly all these years you need dentures'???

Last edited:
Back