• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 more days until the dreaded day

H

heathers

My appointment is on Friday and honestly I'm just ready for it to be over. I want to get this filling out of the way and get started with treating my more worse cavities. Knowing that I have AT LEAST 7 more to go(those are just the ones I can see/feel!), doesn't make me very happy. And I also have to schedule a full mouth x-ray to see how many cavities I actually have. Ive also been looking into going to the doctor to get prescribed a Valium to help with my anxiety. I don't know how that's going to go but I hope I can get what I need. I don't want a whole bottle, just one for the day to help my anxiety. Ive been reading a lot of posts and that's what everyone swears by. I have never taken pills in my life, only when I had a molar extraction last year and they prescribed me Vicodin. I still have one left and thought about using that but its just a pain med, not an anti anxiety medication. What do you guys think??????!:confused:

Valium or Xanax would probably be better than the Vicodin. I think the dentist may be able to prescribe Valium or Xanax for you.

So I went to the doctor today and they probably thought I was crazy. But I got what I went there for. My prescription. My last post said that I was gonna ask for valium, and I did. But they said no and gave me xanax instead. It doesn't really matter to me as long as it works! So now I feel a little better about my dentist app on Friday. But Im nervous as to what its going to feel like. I dont like being out of control or not being able to control how I feel or how I think. I'm so used to living with anxiety and everything that comes with it that I'm alittle uneasy as to not feeling myself for a few hours. I hope I dont freak out, that would defeat the entire purpose of why I got the prescription in the first place. Lol. And the nurse was a bitch. But I really like the doctor, shes super nice. I think Im gonna keep going back to her with all/all of my doctoral needs :)

Back